Aloo Gobi is one of the most eaten vegan or vegetarian Indian dish often enjoyed with roti or naan at every Indian household. (Aloo = Potato & Gobhi = Cauliflower)
Classic Indian side dish best enjoyed with roti and daal
- 5 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green rawit peppers halved lengthwise
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 100 g tomato paste
- 1½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 500 g cauliflower in florets
- 2 potatoes cut into 4 x 4 cm cubes
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 10 g coriander coarsely chopped
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the cumin seeds and asafoetida for 1 minute. Add the onion, ginger-garlic paste, green rawit peppers, turmeric powder and salt and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, coriander powder, chili powder and cumin powder and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and potato and fry for 3 minutes, stirring. Raise the heat a bit, add 480 milliliters of water and bring to a boil. Boil the cauliflower and potato with the lid on the pan for about 15 minutes.
- Take the lid off the pan, add the garam masala and coriander and stir well again. Serve with flat bread, such as naan, paratha or roti.
Post a Comment