I love having heavy breakfasts and I have no shame in admitting that I eat like a maniac in the mornings. And that’s the best way to curb your cravings for the entire day. Eating heavy breakfast filled with proteins help the body to generate energy the entire day from proteins and incase you start your day with simple carbs, you will have to substitute that with a 2nd breakfast very soon as those hunger juices will start flowing in soon. When I say start your day with protein, you don’t have to think of only protein shakes. That’s meant for those looking to build lean muscles but incase you are looking at adopting a healthy lifestyle you need to start digging your brains for all the proteins that you can think of for all your meals (even if you are vegan or vegetarian there are multiple options to move to a protein rich meal)
This is my 2nd breakfast from the #100healthybreakfasts featuring a super simple and quickie Scrambled Tofu with Hashed Potatoes and Toast with a cup of Nescafe’s instant coffee. This literally takes 15 minutes and unlike idlis and dosas which are to be made in batches for the family, this can be made at one go. And before you think how can she finish 3 things in 15 mins – I have 4 burner stove + I always store peeled onions, chopped tomatoes and bell peppers in separate air tight containers in my fridge. Onion can be chopped and stored as that would mean your fridge but would require a very good quality air tight container, else just peel and store else it will start emitting a strong strong odour.
The steps below are for breakfast for 1 person only:
- Firm Tofu/Soya Paneer
- Mixed Bell Peppers
- 1 small Onion
- 1 small potato
- 1 small tomato (can be avoided incase you don’t like tangy flavour)
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of Red chill powder or ground paprika
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon of Olive Oil
- In 1 teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick pan, I sautéed chopped onion and bell pepper again not for long as keeping them closer to the original consistency lifts the dish.
- Added grated tofu (the firm ones brought from store) and some salt, pinch of turmeric and chilli powder.
- Once this was cooking I added chopped tomatoes and cooked them on a low flame.
- While all of this was going on the other burner was getting used for hashed potatoes. Just dice potatoes and add some ground pepper and salt and toss them in 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick pan for good 10 mins on low to medium heat. This can be done in a microwave as well by just baking these potatoes in a bake tray with aluminium foil and oil spray on them.