Today’s protein, fibre rich morning meal was Methi and Dhaniya Paratha with a stuffing of soya granules with Flax Seeds powder with a protein rich fully loaded omelette and cheese. I don’t know what to name this dish that I made for my family this morning but everyone did like it. So I called this ‘Modified Stuffed Baida Roti’.
Baida Roti is generally with a stuffing of mutton mince, but I wanted to make a vegan stuffing which is protein rich, so went with soya granules which simulates mutton or chicken mince. And one happy breakfast this was. Yes, this needs little planning as the dough for the paratha needs to be prepared a day in advance, but what are weekends for if not make something so elaborate and lovely to start your day.
The list of ingredients will make breakfast for 2 people.
- 100 gms Whole Wheat Atta
- Fresh Fenugreek Leaves
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 50 gms Soya Granules
- 2 Whole Eggs
- Grated Cheese (of any variety)
- Red chilli powder
- Salt as per Taste
- Vegetable Oil
- Roasted Flax Seeds Powder (this is optional – but if you are looking to reduce cholesterol, this serves the purpose well)
- While making the dough for the Paratha/Indian Flat Bread I added Fenugreek Leaves (Methi), Fresh Coriander leaves (Dhaniya), Roasted Flax Seeds Powder along with the whole wheat.
- The dough was divided to two equal portions to make 2 flat breads and rolled and made into a boat for the soya granules stuffing
- For the stuff, soya granules were soaked in warm water for a period of 20 mins and then drained. In a non-stick pan, they were tossed with some oil, red chilli powder and salt.
- Once the paratha was stuffed it was carefully sealed – just like how any stuffed parathas are made and rolled into parathas and carefully placed on the skillet.
- I brushed each side with oil for it to cook well.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, I whisked 1 egg with grated cheese and salt and poured this on one side of the paratha.
- The flipped the paratha to the other side allowing the egg to get cooked and served this with some ketchup.
This might not be the ideal weekday breakfast for all the innumerable steps to be followed but is a great weekday or mid-week work-from-home kind of breakfast when you want to please yourself with some good leisurely brunch meals.
Happy Cooking! 😆