Sprouts are the best sources of protein for anyone following a vegan or a vegetarian lifestyle. And trust me the easiest form of lean protein too for those going on a keto diet or planning to build their muscles by increasing their protein intake. And what better way to start your day than having sprouts and scrambled eggs with toasts.
To get the perfect sprouts, try soaking them in water (the pulses should be submerged in water) a day in advance say in the morning and then give it the entire night for it to sprout away to glory. By next day morning you will have cute sprouts ready and if you want to have more of it for the next few days, you can keep them in an air tight container and have it for the next 3 days. I recommend having sprouts for atleast 1 or 2 meals in the week and if needed can be simple had with salt and pepper as a min-meal/snacks as well. I will be sharing few recipes involving sprouts on my website, try and search sprouts in the search tab to find all the recipes.
This breakfast is for 1 person and I will share the recipe of having sprouts my way along with scrambled eggs.
- Whole Moong Sprouts (as mentioned soaked for more than 24 hours for results)
- Chaat Masala
- Half slice of lemon
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
For Scrambled Eggs
- 1 whole egg and 1 egg white
- Half cup milk
- Salt and Pepper
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for sprouts and have it as is. If you like to have it as a chaat, add finely chopped onion/tomato and garnish it with coriander leaves
- For scrambled eggs, whisk the egg along with egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and add it to a non-stick pan with some oil spray. You can totally do it without any oil of course.
- Add this mixture on a low flame such that the eggs start scrambling and then move it slowly with a spatula.
- Once it is cooked on low flame you get fluffy scrambled eggs which are absolutely my favourite
I paired this with whole wheat toast with a topping of cottage cheese (kwark) and hummus and my morning cuppa! If you are trying to go low on carbs, just skip the toast and replace it with a fruit maybe.