That ‘Popeye Protein Rich Rolls’ was for breakfast today making it a part of my #100healthybreakfasts series. My obsession with Spinach continues and am still looking for more recipes where I can keep experimenting with Spinach. If you come across any interesting spinach breakfast recipes please please so suggest!
This is one simple breakfast for somebody who is yet to accustom to the cold weather around here in the Netherlands. And of course eggs and I have a long term relationship going on for ages. Whenever I open my fridge and realize I can’t think of anything to eat, eggs come to my rescue always. This is Spinach stuffed Whole Wheat Paratha with plain omelette, cottage cheese and mustard sauce. Last evening had made some quick palak parathas and used that remaining dough for this. I have used the olive oil gifted by @olivetreetrading that I had received few days back when in Pune and have carefully carried it along with me to the Netherlands because I simply loved the oil.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- Cleaned and Washed Spinach – 1 ½ cup
- Whole Wheat Atta – 1 cups
- Salt as per taste
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoon of cottage cheese/kwark
- 1 teaspoon of mustard sauce
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil
- Method of making the spinach roll base is same as spinach paratha. For Spinach Parathas you can choose to purée and use the spinach leaves or chop them really fine like I have and mix them together with the dough and water.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions and roll them into flat breads with spray of oil on both sides on a non-stick pan
- In the same pan, add 1 beaten and whisked egg into a smooth omelette. While one side is getting one, add the flatbread to the top of the omelette such that it gets stuck to the paratha. Cook this on medium heat for 2 mins.
- Once out of the pan, spread cottage cheese and mustard sauce.
- Roll this and serve it hot or take it in your tiffin for lunch at work or school.
Happy Cooking! ❤ 😘