Yes, I love fish like crazy mainly because I was made to eat loads and loads of fish for every meal as a child, thanks to my Bengali heritage. And even today when I see fish I jump at it without a second thought. This breakfast is my cheer-me up breakfast with tuna, mixed veggies with multigrain toast.
This is a very simple breakfast and can be prepared in no time at all with some/no meal prep done in advance if you are too pressed for time.
Ingredients to make 2 sandwiches:
- 1 small can of tuna in a brine
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables – grated carrot, white onion, chopped mixed bell peppers
- 2 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon low fat mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
- Multigrain toast – home made or store bought
- Mix all the ingredients together to a smooth mixture. See to it that the fish is mashed well without any lumps
- Add this on two sides of the bread and grill it for 2 mins for a toast or have it just like that (I like mine slightly grilled)
If you are a crazy fish lover like me, have this on a Monday morning, I guarantee you wouldn’t at all suffer with Monday Blues.