We don’t have enough time on every morning for a proper breakfast and that makes most of us skip breakfast as we don’t have the time to make it and later in the day end up eating lot unhealthier food. And that’s where comes the role of meal prepping and a well devised meal plan for all the meals of the week including mid-meals and snacks as well. I always have a meal plan stuck to the door of my fridge as that’s the 1st thing I see as soon as I open the fridge which stops me from binge eating on most occasions.
But what comes most handy on early mornings are these Veggie and Egg Quiche which can be made over the weekend and consumed across the week by freezing this and then defrosting a night before in the fridge. On days when I can’t follow my meal plan due to sudden change in my schedule I use these quiches for my to-go meals along with coffee/tea and fruit.
I have these Egg Muffins filled with veggies, Chicken and Cheese (all proteins in one place). This doesn’t just work as a breakfast option but can be a quick meal for those who want to have proteins before hitting the gym in the evening. And yes, this can be made in advance on a weekend and stored in a silver foil wrapped air tight container. And because of the simplicity this is also a part of my #100healthybreakfasts series. .
I made 6 muffins out of 4 eggs and stored them to be reheated whenever I want to consume them.
- 4 whole eggs
- Mix veggies like onion, mixed bell peppers (all finely chopped)
- Mushroom/Chicken Sausages/Bacon
- Grated Cheese – I have used a mix of Gouda and Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Coriander Leaves/Parsley for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon olive oil/vegetable oil
- Beat the eggs well, add mixed veggies like onion, mixed bell peppers (all finely chopped), any meat (bacon will be great too) I used Chicken sausages finely chopped, little milk to make the muffins fluffy, and grated cheese.
- I greased the muffin holder with very little olive oil and poured the mixture.
- At a temp of 110 degrees I cooked it for 14 mins and voila! My savoury quiches are ready to be consumed.
Do let me know if you try any other type of quiches for quick breakfast.