I am a huge fan of South Indian food undoubtedly and always crave for more of it! And when I say South Indian, I don’t want to generalize it. I like the cuisine across all the 4 states and the variations in their cooking styles, condiments and spices used. Every now and then I crave for South Indian for breakfast for its simplicity and maybe because of the pure carbs intake which you might want on some days.
Uttapams come to my rescue on days when I have left over Dosa batter at home and want to have something filling with loads of veggies. I have also shared the recipe of Cheese Uttapam in my site for those who want a variation to this amazing breakfast option.
Ingredients to make 4 mini uttapam
- Dosa batter – 1 bowl
- Mixed veggies – grated carrots, sliced onions, finely chopped capsicum, diced tomatoes, corn
- Chopped Green Chilli – 1
- Salt as per taste
- Red Chilli Powder or any Idli Podi (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Heat a non stick tava. With a laddle spread dosa batter about 1.5 inches in diameter to make an uttapam .
- Drizzle oil from sides & allow it to cook on medium flame.
- Now add toppings like onions ,tomato or corn .
- After 2-3 minutes when base is brown flip the uttapam & allow the other side also to cook for 2-3 minutes
- Once both sides are cooked flip the uttapam & bring side with onions /tomato
- Serve Hot with any chutney of your choice
This is another quick breakfast that could be prepared in no time, thanks to the 4 burner stove that I use and made uttapams simultaneously in 2 pans.