Oats are my super food for morning and yes of course I am an Indian and always think about Masala. I love Oats as is but also love the Indian twist that I have given to this porridge by adding masala to it. I made some Indo – Italian flavoured Oats Porridge with generously grated Parmesan Cheese, Boiled egg and a tall mug of chai.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of mixed veggies – carrots, French beans, green peas, bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric, red chilli and coriander masala
- 1 teaspoon of ghee (clarified butter)
- Some Italian seasoning and Red Chilli flakes (Optional)
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- For this Masala Oats, dry roast the oats so that it doesn’t turn too mushy when you cook.
- In a pan add ghee and temper cumin seeds, add veggies like grated carrots, chopped onions, capsicum and green chillies.
- Once cooked, add the oats and then water and let it simmer away under cover for 3 mins.
- Added some oregano and red chilli flakes for that Italian flavour and seasoned it with salt and pepper. Grated some parmesan cheese
- My Breakfast was ready in 10 mins along with my morning cup of tea and 1 hard boiled egg.
Do you know of any other twist to the Oats?