I think by now you must have figured that I love eggs and I almost try to have them everyday or if not 5 days a week for breakfast atleast. They are super filling, easy to cook and definitely keeps me full for a long time. This combination here is my favourite as there are two interesting things – mushrooms and eggs. And this takes hardly 10 mins of cooking time, making it another perfect breakfast option under #100healthybreakfast series.
The ingredients below make breakfast for 2 people.
- 250 gms button mushroom (use any other mushroom that you prefer)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoon of Butter
- 2 cloves of garlic – preferably finely minced
- Salt and Pepper
- In a non-stick pan I added butter and sautéed the minced garlic. I added the diced mushrooms to this and tossed everything together on a medium heat for 5 mins till it all cooked. I seasoned this with some salt and pepper
- I transferred the mushroom to a plate and then added the egg.
- I carefully broke the egg on the pan, to get that perfect half fried/bulls eye egg which was then cooked for 3 mins on low flame with a cover and then seasoned with salt and pepper. This step doesn’t need oil as the pan would have some leftover butter from the previous step.
- Added cherry tomatoes to the pan and tossed them for a min on medium flame for that glaze.
Nothing can get done faster than this and this has a combination of protein from egg, mushroom, carbs from toast and tomatoes giving that required vitamins. And paired this with my morning cuppa ☕