I love Tofu because it takes the taste of the masala or curry or anything that you add it to and is a perfect low fat, vegan protein substitute. Across my website I have added various recipes involving tofu. Search these recipes easily from the search tab on any page of the website.
Five reasons how Tofu can help with good health:
- Tofu has been known to lower the risk of heart disease. It can reduce the levels of low-density lipoprotein or bad cholesterol in your body which in turn can boost your cardiovascular health
- Men can reduce the risk of prostate cancer by eating tofu. According to studies, women who consume good amounts of tofu are 60% less likely to have ‘high risk’ breast tissues than women who eat less amounts or do not eat tofu.
- Tofu has a high dose of calcium content which is required by women when they hit menopause. It helps reduce hot flashes, prevent the high bone-loss risk related to menopause.
- Tofu helps retain the elasticity of the skin and tones the facial muscles which in turn prevents ageing.
- By eating tofu, your hair gets the required protein to produce hair more and keep the existing ones healthy.
Ingredients for 2 sandwiches:
- 1 cup of grated tofu – 200gms
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- 1 green chilli – chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato – chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 4 slices of brown/multigrain bread
- 2 tablespoon butter/ ghee
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon ghee and add chopped onion, tomato and chilli
- After sautéing for 2 mins on high flame, add the grated tofu and toss everything together
- Season this with salt and pepper. This entire process should take 10 mins
- Add the scrambled tofu to the bread slices and grill them in a toaster/griller for 3-5 mins depending on the power of the griller. Apply butter/ghee on both sides of the sandwich before placing it, for a perfect crunchy sandwich.
- Serve hot with some tea/coffee