Fruit Smoothies are my favourite as they are rich in vitamins, minerals and bunch of other amazing stuff and they get ready in so time. It works great for those looking to consume their protein shake in the morning.
I make a bunch of different smoothies with various nuts, granola but this one here is a great energy booster.
Ingredients for 2 smoothies:
- 1 banana
- 1 mango
- 4-5 blueberry (fresh or frozen)
- Protein Powder (optional)
- 4-6 pitted dates
- 4-6 Almonds
- Soy/Almond Milk for vegan options or regular skimmed milk for non-vegan people – 2 cups
- Blend everything together in a smoothie maker/blender and have it cold or at room temperature. Dates will give the required sweetness and thus this needs no refined sugar.
- This can be frozen in advance in small pouches and defrosted a night earlier for consumption in the morning. I will cover meal prepping in a separate post.
Perfect breakfast for an early work morning. What do you prefer on such days?