Cheese uttapam – delicious fusion of south indian & Italian cuisine. A cheesey delicious uttapam which will be an instant hit amongst your kids and elders. Making this uttapam will be an easy task if you have dosa batter left in your fridge
You can use only cheese as a topping for this uttapam or can even add even onion, capsicum, corn or tomato in addition to cheese. I have used cheese & onions along with black pepper and mixed herbs as seasoning. You can add sliced green chillies or even red chilli flakes for seasoning
- Dosa batter – 1 bowl
- Cheese cubes grated – 1 bowl
- black pepper powder& mixed herbs: as per taste
- Sliced Onions – 1 bowl
- Green chilli sliced – 1 Tablespoon
- Heat a non stick tava. Grate cheese with help of grater
- With a laddle spread dosa batter about 3 inches to make an uttapam. Drizzle oil from sides & allow it to cook on medium flame.
- Now add toppings of your choice like, onions, tomato or corn.
- After 2-3 minutes when base is brown flip the uttapam & allow the other side also to cook for 2-3 minutes
- Once both sides are cooked flip the uttapam & bring side with onions /tomato
on top. Now sprinkle grated cheese on top of uttapam & cook on slow flame for 1-2 minutes
- Sprinkle pepper powder or mixed herbs. Serve with tomato sauce /mayonaise dip