This is a perfect weekday or even a Sunday breakfast when you want that kind of cheesy, poachy, avocadoey kind of start to the day. This breakfast literally can be whipped up in no time and yes husbands out there planning to surprise your wives with a breakfast on bed, this could be your chance. Trust me she will LOVEEE it!
Ingredients for 2 toast with poached eggs:
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 whole wheat/multigrain bread slices
- 1 medium avocado
- Salt and pepper
The only skill here is poaching the egg to perfection – which can be achieved once you follow the steps below
- In a pan of boiling water, add salt and 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- Crack 1 egg and slowly drop it in this boiling water and move it very lightly with a spoon
- It might look like a burst egg but it will soon start cooking together.
- Let this rest for 3 minutes and you will soon see a lump of egg which is poached to perfection
- While this happens, take the avocado and scrap it out using a spoon and mash it on the toast using a fork
- Top this toast with the poached egg, salt and pepper
Remember to serve this with your favourite morning beverage and some almonds or dates maybe for that extra morning kick.